Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Calibre 'Condition' LP

Photobucket

Clocking in at his eighth LP, Calibre, my all time favorite drum and bass producer has crafted another classic gem. The 'Condition' LP was just released on his own imprint, Signature Records about a month ago. This could be the record that gets me back into playing drum and bass again. Dont trust my words though. Calibre weighs in on his latest release.

Calibre - Condition [SIGLP007] by Surus

"Condition is my drum and bass follow up to 'Even If'. I originally wanted to make an album that was more dance floor influenced, to have a more light hearted approach, in some ways it has that, but I couldn't stop myself from making the deeper material. For years I have wrestled with the subtle side of drum and bass, my journey has been one that tries to attain the simple groove, to keep removing the layers of this music, this album is an expression of this, and how I'm still feeling the underdog waiting for the cycle… it came about as it always has and thats the way its supposed to, enjoyable and moving fast to discover the stillness."

- Calibre

No comments: